Leonardo Partnership 2012-2014
INTEGRATION OF CULTURE AND HEALTH KNOWLEDGE INTO THE VOCATIONAL EDUCATION OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE is the title of the Leonardo da Vinci Partnership Project approved for 2012-2014. The partners of this projects are:
Turkey: TUZLA IMKB TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (coordinator); Ogretmen Sidika Avar Kiz Teknik ve Meslek Lisesi and TEMAS GIDA SANAYI TICARET LTD STI
Hungary: Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem Mernoki Kar (University of Szeged Faculty of Engineering)
Romania: COLEGIUL TEHNIC DE INDUSTRIE ALIMENTARA Suceava
Netherlands: Stichting ROC Midden Nederland
Poland: Zespol Szkol nr 1 im.Jana Pawla II
Great Britain: Gower College Swansea
It is a known fact that modern life has changed people's eating habits especially teenagers'. This change caused serious cultural and health problems in their life. Vocational training of food and beverage at various educational institutions should be able to handle this problem. Based on this idea, the project is about integrating two vital points into the vocational training of Food and Beverage: culture and health.
- Preparing a supporting resource book in Food and Beverage field.
- Designing a project website to contain the information of the project and the book itself.
- Arranging seminars to share the information of the project with as many people as possible like trainers and authorities at vocational institutions and catering companies...
- Providing the VET with novelties to improve its attractiveness and quality
- Improving the qualifications of the students of Food and Beverage
- Attracting the attention of VET towards the teenage's cultural and health problems
- Encouraging teenagers to change their bad eating habits and strengthening their attachment to their culture.
Survey's results are here:
Survey in English Language
Survey in Romanian Language
Final product of the project, the book, can be downloaded from here:
Cooking for a healthy future
Alimentatie pentru un viitor sanatos